Oh, we are having a day today. As I sit here, Emma's trying hard to go to sleep with out SUCKING HER FINGERS. It is so tough.
She had a dentist appt. yesterday and got a great report, no cavities, teeth look good and so on. But the dentist encouraged us to have emma stop sucking her fingers. I've been dreading this for a while. With Emma being the strong willed child that she is, I really have to pick my battles. But this is for her good and benefit, so yesterday we dove head first right into it. He said go all or nothing. No "it's only ok when you do this" it's either ok or it's not. So, I am trying to get her to quit "cold turkey".
She gets to take a "big girl" trip to the Botanical Gardens with mommy and daddy if she can go for a few days without sucking her fingers. (The gardens were her choice, she loves that place). I thought using some positive incentives might do the trick, but nonetheless it is difficult.
I'm open to any helpful hints or suggestions. This is new for me. I remember when I was little, it was so hard to stop sucking my thumb. I still remember the first night I went to sleep without sucking my thumb, best night's sleep ever!
Also, this is one of the things she still does that she did when she was a baby......so we really are moving on to the big girl stage.
November 9, 2016
9 years ago




1 comments:
gosh, amy , that is a hard one. YAY for Emma getting to sleep without the fingers!!! let us know how it is going. and...I totally didn't notice that pillow until i read it. cute bedding on Emma's bed...we're getting ready to transition Kylee Anne from her toddler bed to a big girl bed and i've been looking for cute bedding. gotta get the bed first, though.
Post a Comment