Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Unforgettable Moment

Today I had to take Emma's pillowcase off and wash it. She takes that pillow everywhere , alot like I did when I was a kid except I sucked my thumb and held the corner of the pillow to my nose. I still remember the way that pillow smelled to this day. Well, Emma carries hers all over the house, it goes with her in the car sometimes (not all the time, much to her dismay). So, needless to say today was "wash day".
My back up pillowcase for her is one that I had when I was little, an old care bear one. She loves it too but not as much as her flower one (as she calls it). But she carried that one around for most of the day today until finally my load of laundry was done. When she saw me folding up the flower pillow case to put it away she said "Mommy I want that one on my pillow, that's my favorite". So, I changed them out and afterwards she gave me a big hug and said "Mom, your my best, I love you."
It's the little things in life that mean the most to me and really they are BIG things. When my daughter clumsily and somewhat roughly in her own little way says I love you and gives me a kiss and hug..... in my book those are huge things!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, I notice you have a new quote on the top right!