This past summer, Mike went to Slovakia for 2 weeks with our church to help teach English camps. This is his 2nd time to go. He's made some really close friends. One of them is Katka...... well, she came into town last Friday and visited with us til Tuesday. We had so much fun with her. She's really a special woman and the Lord is really using her to reach the youth in the Czech Republic. And, I should say speaks better English than I do! Emma had alot of fun asking her to say all sorts of words in Czech (which is where she is from). Her favorite was belly button which is pronounced "poopy check". She just giggled and giggled!
Katka has become my dear friend and I already miss the talks we had. Maybe someday soon, we can travel across the ocean to see her!
Katka had never seen cotton before and since Huntsville has tons of cotton fields we pulled over to let her "illegally" pick a cotton blossom.
She was soooo great with the girls! They just adored her!





3 comments:
FUN!! I'm sure that your girls loved getting to know her too!!
I love you guys!
hahahahehehe...how hilarious about the Anthropolgie bit. It is so great that Katka could come visit. I enjoyed our short chat last weekend.
Post a Comment