Emma got her ears pierced today! Yep, today at lunch out of the blue she says, "Mommy, can I get my ears pierced today?" Mike and I have been leaving this decision up to her, we felt that it would be okay when she was ready. So.........I told her that would be okay and we headed off to the mall to get it done.
I just knew we'd be walking back to the car with one ear pierced and one not , but she was soooo brave! They pierced both at the same time, so I didn't have to worry about talking her into enduring the next one :) She sat in my lap, sat really still, let them do their job, and only shed a few tears afterwards. She saw herself in the mirror and smiled really big at her new pierced ears!
When daddy saw her, he teared up at the sight of his growing little girl. Can't believe how fast time flies. Seems just like yesterday that she was in my arms, now she starts 4 yr. old kindergarten in a couple of days!


4 comments:
So sweet! Emma is so beautiful! I am certain you hear that a lot, but she really is! I know she is going to be beautiful inside and out...just like her sweet mommy! :o)
HOW CUTE!! i'm just waiting for the day for elizabeth to ask..i know it's gotta be coming soon.. i love it! she does look so grown up..makes you sad, huh??
yah emma!! When can I buy her some chandeliers?? hehe! Just kidding!
Sweet, sweet girls. Heart that last pic! I loved receiving your sweet comment while I was in China! Thank you so much for thinking of me and taking the time to share encouragement with me. I have so much left to write/share since we didn't have consistency of internet while there this summer. Keep checking back....
Post a Comment