Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Prayer

What I want more than anything on this earth is for my children to call you Lord, Father, Friend.


You've been my everything, you've brought me through trial, temptation, good times, hard times. You've brought me through every phase of life and given me peace when I had questions that needed answers.


You've given me understanding and direction.

Just as I so desperately need you and depend on you for every breath; for life, I pray that my little ones will grow to love you and live a life so abundantly, running towards the prize of Christ!


God, thank you for Grace. God, may I extend it to those around me, to the precious little beings you have entrusted me with.


May I never forget that ultimate sacrifice of love you made for me, and may that love flow from me to my children. Lord, help me love them beyond myself. Love them the way that only YOU can.


I will take hold of the strength you have given me and press on toward the hope that is found only in you.


I will love my children, I will teach them your ways, I pray that they see your great love for them and walk in your ways.

I leave them in your hands Lord. That is the best place for them to be. Better than being in my own hands, hands that are not worthy, hands that are weak. Only you Lord are worthy.












0 comments: