Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More Reno Pics

The house is beginning to take shape. Mike has been hard at work with our contractors and plumber finishing the framing, putting all new plumbing in and electrical. It has definitely been a long haul but completely worth it. I think it was just the right time for us to do this, our family will enjoy alot of years in this house we are making our home. God's timing has been perfect. That doesn't mean it has been easy though. I am learning to be patient and enduring our small apartment that seems to get smaller by the day. But God is good. And this house is such a gift. I can't wait to move in and be a part of the neighborhood!

Above and below are pictures of the master bath shower/garden bath.

I have to say I am so excited about this shower! This is one of my favorite parts of the house.


We are able to keep the bead board up on the ceiling in the master bath hallway, we are installing some recessed lights ( that's why the hole is there).


This is the view from the front door looking into the living area and on through to our bedroom. We had to tear down the wall that separated them due to termite damage inside the wall. Mike found it when he was tearing out one side of the wall to put in insulation, so he had to go ahead and tear it completely out to remove the damaged studs. This wall is not load bearing and the damage is not from active termites.


We are installing recessed "eyeball" lights along the ceiling of the kitchen.


This is one of the studs that had termite damage.
Hopefully soon I'll have more pics to post!




















1 comments:

Aubrey said...

Have I mentioned how excited I am for you guys and all the work the Lord will do in this home?