Friday, February 5, 2010

Common Sense Parenting

A dear friend of mine was telling me about this book. Started reading it yesterday and couldn't put it down! It's not a guilt trip kind of book but a very encouraging and insightful read so far! Granted, I'm only just starting it at about 50 pages through, it has already opened my eyes to the Psycho babble we are constantly fed and exposed to. It's "Back to Basics" approach is helping me regain perspective on what it really means to "parent" our children. I've always thought of parenthood as a battle for children's souls, and most days I catch myself in the midst of the battle looking toward the next "attack", but it's so important not to lose perspective. Why am I doing this? What are our goals in parenting our daughters? I'm really excited and encouraged to read this book and am so thankful my friend shared it with me. For all you readers out there, I think it would definitely be worth your time....you know, the time we don't have that much of for ourselves.


1 comments:

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

I LOVE John Rosemond. He IS so common sense. He comes to Huntsville every so often to speak...and it is well worth your time to go hear him. I have not read this particular book he wrote, but he did reference it in his talks....and I do like his other books.