Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Something's Got To Change by Josh Wilson

I'm thirsty, God I'm thirsty from drinking what destroys me

I'm pouring poison in my cup



I'm hungry, God I'm hungry consuming what controls me


Somehow it never fills me up



We all want to find something to pass the time



But that could never be enough



Everybody says we're all so different


But everybody knows we're all the same


We're all trying to find a pill to numb the pain



Something's got to change



Do you remember when you had so much hope within you?


It lingers deep inside you still



The more of us we swallow, the more we become hollow



Until we don't know how to feel


We all want to find something to satisfy


But we could never be enough


Everybody says we're all so different


But everybody knows we're all the same


We're all trying to find a pill to numb the pain


Something's got to change



When everything we say and take just leads to war and hate


We only pass the blame, sedate the pain and move along


But something feels so wrong, so deep inside, so hard to hide


So desperately we try and try and come to find


That we are not what we've been looking for





I can't believe I'm hearing people say that all is well


I think it's time we all admit we have no good within ourselves


'Cause we are not okay, we're not alright and we need to pray for help


Forgive us for our pride, oh God, oh God please save us from ourselves




'Cause everybody says we're all so different


But everybody knows we're all the same


We're all trying to find a pill to numb the pain


Something's gotta change




So God help us


Something's got to change


Something's got to change


So God help us


Somthing's got to change


So God help us

0 comments: