Just after the New Year, Mike and I took about 25 college students to an event in Atlanta called Passion 2010. Passion is a movement among this generation of 18 - 25 year olds. If you visit the 268generation website, you would find that Passion "exists to glorify God -uniting students in worship and prayer for spiritual awakening in this generation."
It also states that "We believe God is calling out a generation of college students committed to the glory of His name in all things. God longs to bring awakening to every campus, mobilizing the students of today to finish the task of global evangelization in this generation. God is calling us out for this purpose, in this moment, for His renown." http://www.268generation.com/2.0/splash2c.htm

Isaiah 26:8 "Yes, Lord walking the way of your truth, we wait eagerly for you; for Your Name and Your Renown are the desire of our souls." This is what Passion is all about.
The theme was "Awakening"
Mike and I were so blessed to be there with a great group of students. We were challenged and our hearts were stirred.
This is the Worship Art Center.Rachel, one of our college girls painted "Beautiful Jesus". I believe the lyrics go.."beautiful Jesus, beautiful Savior. Nothing is greater, Brilliant Creator, Friend of mine."

All of these canvas panels were donated to homeless shelters throughout the Atlanta area. I pray that the homeless see God's love for them and that they are not forgotten, there is a God that knows their name and loves them so deeply.
More art...
We were led in worship by some of the most amazing worship leaders I've ever heard. This is Kristian Stanfill, he led along with Chris Tomlin and Christy Knockels. If you haven't heard of them, you should google them.

This is Francis Chan. He is a pastor in Simi Valley, CA. God has used his books HUGELY in my walk. His books "Crazy Love" and "Forgotten God" are the most challenging books I've read. I was so excited to be able to hear him bring God's message about trembling at God's word.








0 comments:
Post a Comment