Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Day for Giving and Receiving....Love!

This Valentine's Day brought lots of surprises for us all! Emma worked really hard on painting a candy jar for daddy from her and Lili, she also drew Valentine cards for a couple of neighbors. That was a sweet memory to make with her. She was so happy to walk up the driveways, knock on the doors, say "Happy Valentine's Day", and hand the two ladies their Valentine's. One lady's husband passed away a little over a year ago, so we really wanted her to know we were thinking of her. And she was so thankful for Emma's homemade card, she had a big smile on her face.

My Valentine's gift? A one hour facial!!! OOH, I"M SO EXCITED!!! I've never had one! Mike's always so thoughtful, it seems like he's always giving me "time off" and letting me go out to grab a coffee with a friend, or just get out for a while to have a litte "me" time. I am so thankful for him :)

The girls also got gifts in the mail from my mom and dad! Below are a few pictures, hope you enjoy!

Painting daddy's jar.

Reading her book from Nanny and PawPaw.


Emma opening Nanny and PawPaw's package!


Filled with lots of goodies for both of them! Thank you Nanny and PawPaw!
Valentine's Day was always a special day in our family. Mom and Dad were always giving us little gifts and goodies to let us know how much they loved us........although we knew that already. But, I know now where I get my sentimentality from and I enjoy passing this on to my girls.
That morning, my girls woke up with hearts all over their walls and got to enjoy a special valentine breakfast with heart shaped pancakes, bacon, and eggs! yummy!






















1 comments:

LeAnne said...

looks like a special day for you guys!!! ENJOY your facial...what a sweet hubby. it is so awesome when a daddy "gets" that mommy needs some me time...Jack understands too and i know how fortunate i am!! YAY MIKE!!