Thursday, December 6, 2007

Guess Who Came to Our House?

This is a tradition we've started with our family b/c I just think it's so much fun! According to German tradition (Mike's mom is of German descent), St. Nicholas visits little boys and girls on the eve of the 5th. That night, the children sit their boots by the front door and in the morning they'll wake up to find St. Nick has filled them with lots of goodies! So, to make it our own we all placed our boots by the front door right before bedtime but of course only after we read a couple of Christmas stories, watched a Christmas movie, and drank some hot chocolate! It was such a fun night! It took Emma a while to go to sleep, I haven't figured out yet if it was the hot chocolate or the excitement of getting her boots filled with goodies!


This is how Emma sat all the boots out!

St. Nick came and he even left some snow from the North Pole!


She was so excited!


And cold, so we hurried back inside!



She said, " I can't believe he knew that I liked curious george jammies, playdough, and paint!"



We still do the traditional stockings on Christmas morning along with Santa gifts but this has been a fun little addition to our Christmas the past 3 years!






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...they do this is in Slovakia as well. - Mike S.