Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thinking of Thankfulness


I just wanted to pass along this craft idea to do with your family. I came across it in Family Fun magazine and it has been a great teaching tool and reminder of this special time of year. Each night, after supper we sit together and talk about what we are thankful for. Then, I write each one of our answers on a leaf made of construction paper to put on our "Thankful Tree." It has really been a special time for us. Making the tree was alot of fun too. Emma helped me pick out a special branch, then she shovelled and filled our pot with dirt. She also likes to draw pictures on the backs of the leaves that we put on the tree. What an easy and fun way to ensure that we think about being thankful everyday!

"You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:28-29



0 comments: