Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Our Trip to the Beautiful Smokies!

This is becoming our annual family trip to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, TN. Our family went last summer, but after going during the fall this year, we'll pretty much be going there every year during the Fall! The weather and foliage were absolutely beautiful! It was so nice being with family and taking in all of God's beautiful creation. While we were there, we were able to see a black bear and a baby reindeer (as Emma calls it). Those were the two main things Emma wanted to see during our visit. Hope you enjoy all the pics!



Overlooking Gatlinburg





Emma with her Uncle Brad on the way back from Cherokee, NC. The mountains there were alot bigger and the leaves were georgous!


Mike had to leave early in our trip, so Brad was a HUGE help with Emma! With my pregnant belly, it was hard doing alot of lifting! I think her view of the mountains was alot better way up there!




Emma and Nanny cuddling up to stay warm!


Emma with her MawMaw and PawPaw Vines



Nearing the end of our trip, Emma was "camera-ed out"!


We missed you on the trip Dad!



See why they call 'em the Smokies?



The colors were so brilliant. I think we timed our trip perfectly!



Can't wait to go again next year!










1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were some awesome pictures. You're right about the colors being brilliant. Gayle also sent pictures earlier today and I enjoyed them, too. So glad your family is able to take a vacation like this every year. What wonderful memories for Emma! I think Keith and I may try to take a trip up that way next fall. I've only been to that area one time and that was about 15 years ago.

Thanks for sharing the pics! I love you!!
Pat