Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Great Mother's Day!

Being a mom has been one of the most awesome yet challenging experiences in my life! God has taught me alot these past 3 yrs and I know it's only the beginning of a lifetime of parenting! But it's been neat. He's shown me alot about myself, things I've needed to change about who I am b/c now I have a legacy to pass down to this precious child that He's trusted me with. The responsibilty of raising and equipping this young one to take hold of that which is her's in Christ, so that she may live an abundant and joyful life and experience all that our God has for her. I have a book that is dear to my heart "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian. It has been a huge blessing in my prayer life. The following is a prayer that I pray for Emma, found in this book:

Lord,
I bring Emma before You and ask that You would help her grow into a deeper understanding of who you are. Open her heart and bring her to a full knowlege of the truth about you. Lord, You have said in your word, "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). I pray for that kind of faith for my child. May she call you her Savior, be filled with your Holy Spirit, acknowledge You in every area of her life, and choose always to follow you and your ways. Help her to fully believe that Jesus laid down his life for her so that she might have life eternally and abundantly now. Help Emma to comprehend the fullness of Your forgiveness so that she will not live in guilt and condemnation. I pray that she will live a fruitful life, ever increasing in the knowlege of YOu. May she always know your will, have spiritual understanding, and walk in a manner that is pleasing in Your sight. You have said in your word that You will pour out your spirit on my offspring (Isaiah 44:3). I pray that you would pour out your spirit upon Emma this day. Thank you Lord, that you care about her eternal future even more than I do and that it is secure in YOU. In Jesus' name I pray that she will not doubt or stray from the path You have for her all the days of her life.

I hope you all were able to celebrate Mother's Day in some way, whether with your children or with your precious moms.

Love to you all, Amy






0 comments: