Thursday, February 1, 2007

Just a Reminder

It was an encouraging reminder when I read this today. I thought I would pass it along to all of you. Being both wife and mother have been the two biggest blessings God has sent my way. And although I find myself sometimes trying to keep a spotless house, I realize THAT is not what this life is about. There will always be clothes to fold and dishes to wash. But there will not always be little giggles and squeals or kisses on the nose from my little girl.



Excuse This House
Some houses try to hide the factThat children shelter there; Ours boasts of it quite openly, The signs are everywhere. For smears are on the windows, Little smudges on the door; I should apologize, I guess, For toys strewn on the floor But I sat down with the children And we played and laughed and read; And if the doorbell doesn't shine, Their eyes will shine instead. For when at times I'm forced to choose The one job or the other; I want to be a housewife, But first I'll be a mother.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thank you, Amy. Our home is a wreck just now (yesterday was a rough day) and I find myself thinking about how much I need to clean. But the kids and I have been so busy making up for yesterday that I haven't done anything except change the laundry over once. Now, somehow,I feel that my efforts for the day are in the right direction. My children. Two of the biggest blessings in my life. How can time spent with them be considered wasted?

Overwhelmed! said...

Amy, I couldn't agree with you more! My house is frequently a shambles, toys strewn everywhere and crammed into every available corner it seems.

I have come to accept the fact that the housework will always come last. My son and my time with my husband are more important to me. They are my most precious gifts from God!

Jonathan Sutton said...

I couldn't disagree more. As a good devout Baptist woman, your home should never have a hint of dust. Laundry should be fresh. The trash can should never be more than 34.7% full (according to Levitical Law). And somehow you left out being submissive to your husband. How could you leave THAT out of your job description. It's number one. Who's your pastor? I'm thinking disciplinary action may be needed. In fact, how do you have time to blog? Shouldn't you be fixing his dinner about right now?

Ha, I know, I know, too funny.

All joking aside, great word. I'm printing it out for Dana right now. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hopefully we can visit Huntsvegas sometime soon!