So, here it is, our "before" picture! I am looking forward to keeping you all posted on our progress, it will be a long trek.......we've got alot of road to cover. Mike and I are really excited about the potential this home has to offer. It is currently a duplex, but our tenants should be moving out in November. Until then, we plan on renovating the empty side. Right now, we are working on getting estimates for roofing and HVAC ( the home has no central heat/air). We plan on extending the home on both sides to allow for a more spacious kitchen/dining area, laundry/mudroom, pantry, a great room, an office, 1/2 bath, and master bed/bath. These will be downstairs. Upstairs we will have 4 bedrooms and 1 full bath. One of these bedrooms will be a playroom for the girls! Yay, their toys will finally have their own place!
We've definitely got our work cut out for us (our home was built in 1925!). This home still has all of the original beadboard on walls and ceilings, fireplaces in the great room and master bedroom, the home was originally built without bathrooms ( used outhouses), so the bathrooms that were added are extremely small (these will be the future laundry and pantry areas). I'll keep you updated with pictures of our progress. I'll try to get "before" pictures of the interior posted soon!
November 9, 2016
9 years ago


4 comments:
It's so cute - and I'm sure will be 1000 times cuter when you guys are done. So exciting!
Oh Amy....I look at this and I see POTENTIAL!!! It will be such a showplace when restored....and I cannot wait to see all that you will do to it :) Just curious, but what will Emma do for school next year? Was she caught in the school closure shuffle or are you all doing private schooling or home schooling? I am not sure exactly where you are located/zoned, and just wondered.
I am SO excited! I just know you are going to have a beautiful and inviting place when you all get done. I can't wait to see what the Lord does here!
I'm so excited for all of you, Amy!!! I love it already! I know you will have a blast restoring this home and it will be BEAUTIFUL! I hope to have the opportunity to do that one day :) Have fun, girl!
Post a Comment