Thursday, May 21, 2009

Catching Up

Things are settling down a bit, we have officially made the big move from our house to an apartment. This will be only temporary while we are doing renovations to our new "old" house! The kids have fared well, Emma's been really excited that we have a swimming pool and playground right outside our apartment. I think these little amenities have smoothed the transition for her. Lili will sleep wherever/whenever...so this has not been drastic for her. Mike and I however, have been quite overwhelmed. Alot of changes have come our way. We know that even though change can be difficult, it is not a bad thing. God has called us out of our comfort zone and we know that He is faithful. We closed on both our old and new house last Friday and what an experience that was! The couple that moved into our old house are a young couple with two small children. They were the sweetest people, it was so encouraging to know that we were giving our first home (the home we've made so many precious memories in ) to such a kind and sweet family. We know they will be great neighbors for the neighbors we had to leave.
I've written about how fast our home sold, only 8 days on the market. If this wasn't confirmation enough from the Lord, He made Himself even more clear to us at the closing....this couple told us that as soon as they walked through our door, they could sense the Lord's presence in our home. This just brought tears to my eyes. Thank you Lord for showing yourself faithful and strong. It has given us faith that where God's will is, He promises to make a way.
Well, with the move and closings, I have been quite behind in my blogging. Here are a few pictures to show what all we've been up to around here. Thank you all so much for praying for us, that has really been an encouragement to our family.

Lili is growing! She has taken her sweet time about walking. But now, she's walking all over the place!

Emma had her 2nd Annual Awana Grand Prix. The kids get to decorate their cars however they'd like, of course she wanted a reindeer car. That's her favorite animal.



The park is just a few minutes from us now, so we are looking forward to alot of afternoons spent feeding the ducks! Emma brought her own duck along. :)




Emma watching the fish.



Walking along the fountain.


Emma and her friend, Cassie at the race.









2 comments:

Rebecca Setzer Schroeder said...

Amy, I know this must be so scary for you with all the craziness. I don't know if I could do it. Please know that my Mom and I are just minutes away if you need anything don't hesitate to call. I think of your family often and love you all dearly.

Aubrey said...

Goodness, I miss you! I feel like we have been passing as ships in the night the last several weeks. Praying for you and the house stuff, loving you all from a distance!