Monday, March 23, 2009

Ski 09

We had an awesome opportunity to go with a group of youth and college students to Winter Park, Colorado. Our days were filled with skiing and at night we had praise and worship led by FEE with speaking by David Rhodes. Our trip was a ski retreat led by Student Life Camps. Was an amazing experience! This was my first time to ski, something that Mike and I have wanted to do together for a very long time. We had so much fun together, he was so patient with me b/c let me tell you it is tough for a 31 year old to learn how to ski! I was being shown up by 3 and 4 year olds flying down the mountain and we rode up the ski lift with an 86 year old man that skis every day of his life!



Our group











Going up the ski lift!



At the top of one of the slopes (there were over 130 of them!)
The weather was great for skiing! Sunny and not too cold! I think the temp was in the 40s most of the time.


Miking coming off of a jump. He did get some air, but my camera delayed! He's a great skier!



Micah, Barika, Me, and Mike at the Arch in St. Louis. This was one of our stops along the way! Our drive was 21 hours so we tried to make the most of it!




Some of us with Fee!



Barika is my blessing! I love her! She is one of our college students.



Just getting off the ski lift ready to go down again!



Right before a major crash and burn! Don't let this one fool ya! Right after this, I fell right on my face, in fact my chest fell right on my fist, knocking the breath out of myself. That hasn't happened since my cheerleading days long ago.



It was so much fun skiing together :)



Us with Ken and Jen Perkins, our youth pastor and wife.

Ken used to be a ski instructor, he helped me get the basics down.












Jen and I eating our lunch by the fire.



Mike and a couple of guys eating lunch too.



Mike and Kevin!



In front of a beautiful lodge on top of the slopes.





















3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Now that looks like fun!!! Jack grew up skiing and has been dying to teach me...not so sure:) i guess moving to alaska might give us an opportunity to see if i'm up for the challenge, huh?? you look great in all those pictures...pretty as ever!!

Kendra said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time!

Aubrey said...

Just in case I never mentioned it before, ski lifts TERRIFY me.

I am considering therapy.